“This is a recipe you’ll want to use year round, but since it uses eggnog it makes it an extra special holiday treat that my family requests weekly! To make it even more flavorful, soak and refrigerate the bread overnight in a large baking dish. Serve warm with powdered sugar and syrup if you like. The French toast goes well with scrambled eggs, too. Enjoy!”
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 12 slices French bread
- Whisk the eggs. eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease the skillet.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
- Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Serve immediately.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 11/29/2018