Insurance and Income Protection is made easy using our Onmi Formula process. We have products from the major insurers in Canada at our disposal to ensure that you receive the best value for your money and offer a wide variety of permanent and term life insurance products with the flexibility to meet your unique needs. In any given year: – 1 in 106 people die – 1 in 88 homes catch fire – 1 in 70 motor vehicles is involved in an accident causing disability, injury or death – 1 in 7 people are disabled. Are you and your loved ones protected?
- Term Insurance – Quite simply, when you buy term life insurance, you are entering into an agreement with your insurance company. In exchange for you making regular payments (called premiums), the insurance company will pay a benefit to the person you choose (called a beneficiary) if you should die while your policy is in effect. The death benefit payment is made tax-free under Canadian law, to a named beneficiary resident in Canada. In other words, if your term life insurance coverage amount were $475,000, your named beneficiary would receive that total amount. Most people buy life insurance to help ensure that their unexpected death will not negatively impact the financial security of those they love. By buying life insurance, they make sure that money is available for funeral expenses and mortgage and loan payments, and that their loved ones can pay for living expenses (such as groceries, utilities and their children’s education) even though they are not there to help anymore. Term life insurance simply means that the contract is for a defined period of time and premiums remain the same for that defined period of time.
- Universal Life Insurance – Universal Life (UL) is straightforward life insurance that comes with the opportunity to grow investments tax-deferred, whether you’re a hands-on and to hands-off investor. It is ideal if you want to:
- Leave a tax-free legacy for your loved ones
- Build cash value you can access later (withdrawals may be taxed)
- Choose how involved you want to be in managing your money
- Potentially reduce the impact of market volatility on your investments
- Benefit from potentially higher returns on managed accounts
- Take advantage of potentially lower investment account management fees
- Create collateral you can use for a bank loan
- Insure key people in your business
Your energy, talent and hard work drive your business. Everything about your business success is dependent on you, and if you die, become disabled, or become critically ill, everything stops. As a business owner you face many challenges, including managing day-to-day activities and ensuring your business’s long-term viability. However, for many business people, short-term demands often take priority over long-term planning. Life and living benefits insurance can help.
Life insurance can help minimize the amount of tax you pay, or cover taxes that may be payable when you die (for example, capital gains tax). At Everything Financial Group we have built a processes for evaluating complicated business needs.
Critical Illness Insurance:
If you develop a critical illness, you may need to take time off work, arrange additional care for your children, travel to specialized treatment centres and more. Critical illness insurance helps give you financial flexibility to do whatever it takes to get better. You will receive a tax-free, lump-sum benefit after satisfying the waiting period if you’re diagnosed with one of 24 critical illnesses. You may also qualify to receive a partial benefit (25% payout up to $50,000) in the event of a non-life threatening illness and a monthly Care Benefit if you need long term care.
If illness or injury prevents you from doing your job, you can help make sure your income continues uninterrupted. Disability Insurance is specifically designed to be flexible and meet the income replacement needs of professionals and executives. Disability Insurance will provide tax-free income replacement in the event of disability, with a personally-owned plan.
Long Term Care:
As you age, you start to realize the importance of having the right plans in place to make sure you receive the care you need if health challenges arise. Long term care insurance gives you added protection that government plans alone may not be able to provide, helping minimize cost and stress to you and your family. A Long Term Care benefit would help pay for home or facility care if you’re unable to care for yourself. Based on qualification you will receive a monthly benefit, tax-free, if you become functionally dependent.
Accident & Illness:
Accident and illness insurance provides affordable coverage for a range of accident-related situations, including broken bones, burns, paralysis, hospitalization and more. All of these situations could affect your ability to earn income and accident or illness insurance can help provide for you so that you can focus on recovery.
FlexSave™ is a Private Health Services Plan (PHSP) for self-employed individuals which will allow them to pay their health and dental expenses in a tax-effective and cost-efficient manner. FlexSave™ works very differently than traditional group or individual health and dental insurance programs in that there are no ongoing premium payments required following a one-time set-up fee of $250. A company enters into a contract with HUB Financial Inc. for the indemnification of an employee’s health/dental benefits, whereby the company agrees to provide funding for these expense amounts and the applicable fees and taxes up to a limit the company sets in advance. The total amount paid by the company is 100% tax-deductible to the business and the employee receives a tax free benefit.